Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mexican dinner!

My senor was born in Mexico but emigrated to the good ol' USA when he was a wee boy so he's an American through and through but has a taste for Mexican food. So I made him his favorite mexican dish, chile rellenos with rice, beans, and steak. You'll see as you scroll down the pictures of work in progress of making the chile rellenos.


These are poblano peppers charred, peeled and seeded.


The poblano peppers being stuffed with shredded mexican cheese and dried cranberries.


The peppers being fried!


My lovely looking chile rellenos. The red sauce for the chile rellenos are slowly being simmered.


Look at the mess I made! Grrr! And I have to clean them up but not now.. After I am done, for who know I may make more mess! :0)


My dear senor has already eaten most of his dinner before I realized I forgot to picture the Mexican dinner! Yikes! He loves sliced banana with his rice. I could never get the hang of it. Our wee kids do!


Ahh, this is my plate and I've only taken a few bites. Green sauce on steak is a yum yum. This is my dear senor's favorite mexican dish. It's always chile rellenos with rice and beans. But the steak can be interchangeable with chicken tacos or enchildas.

I've become an expert(?) on making many mexican dishes. Some my senor has never eaten growing up but grown to love 'em and demand that they are part of our menu every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. As always, your Mexican dinner looks yummy! I fixed chile rellenos one time, but they did not come out like yours ;-)

    ReplyDelete