Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Pepper"

Pepper and me

We found the little terrier dog 2 weeks ago on our way to Chick-a-fil-a so our kids can play to their hearts' content there and same time eat. Anyway, it was on our street right at the curve, we spotted him on our left side of the road. My senor was driving which is unusual and me sitting in the back so we both saw the dog. He stopped immediately and we stared at each other and looking at the dog. He nudged me to go out. Which I did, I walked slowly toward him and talking softly to him. He scooted back immediately but kept watching me then he start moaning/barking (didn't even open his mouth). I melted at that then I looked back to my senor and he told me to keep trying. Then he jumped into my arm all shaken up and shivering. He was all cold, mangled up and dirty. But he was a warm lively little ball.

We detoured and went back home and put him in one of the rooms and got bowl of water and dog food and blanket for him to make himself at home. And we continue on to Chick-a-fil-a.

He was on our mind during our entire time at the fast food. We wondered about him. How old? Where does he lives? Only if he could talk.. Should we keep him? Etc etc...

We stopped at 2 houses which we thought he might belonged. Nay on both count. We were secretly thrilled.

The following day, it rained alll day and it became the "Dogs day!". Gave all the dogs a bath except Suzy. Put on flea dip. The little dog seem soo happy to be with us. Like sleeping under the blanket near our legs.

My senor giving Pepper a bath.

We ended up naming him Pepper and he responded to the name fast. He is more my dog than anyone else. I had hoped he would be a good company for Grandmama Lola. But this dog do not like her at all. Bark bark bark every time she comes near. She wanted to touch him so I held him and brought him closer to her, he was growling and growling. I was soo amazed and I told her I'm sorry this dog does not like you. She was good about it. I was relieved because I don't know what to say or do. Yikes!

My senor with Kola and Pepper

Pepper got along with everyone, the dogs, cats and all except Mama Lola. Kola, of course, grrr when Pepper comes near. LOL

Pepper is everywhere I am except when I am busy in the kitchen, he'd hop over to my senor and sit with him and keep an eye on me time to time. Such a darling!

Loves going out on a car ride. Loves the beach.

Pepper with me and our kids

Pepper

Pepper

He belongs to all of us now. He has a home. Welcome Pepper!


A long ago when I was a wee kid living in Illinois with my family. We had a back yard neighbor, and they had a dog named Pepper. I love their dog and the name Pepper. It was so easy to say the name.

Then we moved to Louisiana. We had a Burmese cat named Baby and she had 4 little kittens that my sister, Jenny and I watched giving birth to. She had 3 boys and 1 girl. 3 Burmese and 1 Siamese. Jenny and I were to keep a kitten each. We hadn't decided which one we wanted then we went on a driving vacation to Maryland to visit our aunts and uncles. I kept feeling sorry for the Siamese cat cuz Baby would pick him up and isolate him in their basket. I kept taking him and put him back with the other kittens. That was when I decided he was mine.

I also was trying to think of a name for him then I remembered our neighbor's dog Pepper. I was afraid Dad will tell me not to be a copycat. So I was armed with excuses why he should be named Pepper. He had the same colouring as pepper.

Now I look back and realize that maybe Dad didn't even know or remember the dog's name. And Baby kept isolating Pepper cuz he was always in the way of her teaching.

We had Pepper, the cat a long long time. He died in my Mom's arm.


No comments:

Post a Comment