I saw the ABC's of Faith on a plague and I didn't like the plague or the prices but I loved the ABC's saying.
I quickly copied it by writing it down on my little flip over notebook I always keep in my purse. I had that around in my purse a while but kept flipping it out and read it every now and then.
Then I realized I could stitch it up. I looked through my pattern books for the lettering that I'd like. I didn't see what I liked.
Then at Michael's, they had a kit for stitchery and I spied the lettering I totally digged. I used the coupon and bought the kit. Happily I opened the box as soon as I got home and thought, YES!
I got busy tracing it over a paper and re-wrote a few time to figure the way I wanted it placed.
When I was satisfied, I next looked for a cloth I'd like and I got this light taupe cloth with lines all across. Sort of like a notebook. Then I taped the paper to our glass sliding door and the cloth over it and traced it out.
I stitched whenever I could. I started at the bottom and worked my way up. For some reason, I always start at the bottom, even with my x-stitch projects and all. I noticed in the books, they usually recommended to start in the middle or top to down. Well, there's no right or wrong as long as you get it done!
Tah Dah! Now I need to frame it or stitch it to a wall quilt. I'm not quite sure yet!
Teena!! That's BEAUTIFUL!! Both the lettering and the meaning of the words! So sweet! That will look gorgeous once you have it framed and on the wall! I like that style of letting too! :o)
ReplyDeletelove you!! xoxox