Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beautiful Orange Snake

We were weeding and cleaning the fence area next to that old blue van. I picked up the lid of the trash cans and there I saw the Beautiful Orange Snake. My first thought was to shoo it away and check where the kids were and where Pepper was. Kids were inside the fence "helping" papa dig out the dead plant. Then I realize we will be working behind the fence and that's where the snake would be. I felt bad for the snake and went to get my senor.

I told him about the snake and he didn't even see it. I kept pointing to it. It sort of blended in with all those pine needles laying about. But you couldn't miss the bright orange snake. But he did not even see it then he finally saw it. I was amazed.

He beheaded it. Then he wanted me to picture it. Oh shoot! I missed the opportunity to picture the snake where I saw it and how my senor had not seen it.

Both our kids were in a state of panic and uncertainty, watching and wanting to know what it is.

When they discovered it was a snake, hoo boy, Jonah kind of freaked out until we told him that the snake is dead. But the snake body is still moving... duh?

Yes it is but the head is over there. Jonah said bad snake, bad snake.

All smiles for the picture.
Jonah's not too sure and kept pointing to the "blood spot" and saying that the snake's.
The beheaded snake. Beautiful! Isn't he or is it a she?
The snake's body.
The snake's body flipped over and his under-belly is pretty too.

We felt bad for the snake. But it's for ours and the dogs' safety.

Isaac wishes he was brave enough and wanted to know how to pick up the snake and put it elsewhere. But all he know is to kill it. If it weren't a poisonous snake, he'd have tried to move it.

Sorry snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment