Thursday, August 19, 2010

Red, white & blue picnic quilt top FINISHED!

Early this month, I had a good day working on this red, white & blue picnic. It took me all day on and off working on "connecting" the 25 squares and finishing it all. I was smiling and so giddy all that day anticipating finishing it. It was a good feeling.

I even snapped pictures of my progess all that day. I was soo happy that I wanted to show and to show. Silly? HUH?

The night before I had arranged the squares to where I wanted it to be and I didn't want any repeat next to each other. It took me a while before I finally figured it out.

So this is the first row in progress.

All the squares in their right place waiting to be stitched up together.

A new home to keep my sewing machine in and sewing needs.

Showing my work in progress.
I think they're so pretty. Even the back look good.

I flipped it to the right side so you'd see it. The 3 differents squares.

4 rows done and 1 more row to go!

All connected on that rows. Now on the other end.

My forever faithful Oreo nearby while I happily sew and sew at my machine.

My kids being helpful.
And a little in the way. I'm smiling sheeplishly. LOL

More white border being added making the quilt more prettier and prettier.
I'm half-way done there.

At the first row when I first stitched them together, I had snipped them off then I realize they should be left alone as they kept my squares organized even if it had made them a bit bulky at the machine.

But I snipped them off as I add white border in between.

Slowly they're being stitched up!

I had to pin them up to keep the rows aligned to other rows. I didn't want them off the line.

They wanted to be in the picture showing the pins that I had added.

All a done! The back of the quilt.

My red, white & blue picnic quilt top finished! They are lovely!

My dear Pepper already made himself at home on my newly finished top. LOL So he like it very very much.

1 comment:

  1. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!! What a GORGEOUS quilt!! SO SO proud of you for finishing it!! I'm in awe at how quickly you put it together! I bet you can't wait until it's 100 percent finished with the binding and the quilting..

    ReplyDelete