Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Senor Isaac's 60th Birthday Fiesta Bash

On Sunday, February 6th, we celebrate Senor Isaac's 60th birthday here at our home. And his birthday is on the same day!

You might see some of the same pictures at Facebook. But I wanted it in my blog with tales attached. Not quite the same as Facebook. So this is better! Hah! Facebook can't compete with mine!

Anyway, it was a wonderful day for my Senor, I think.

Happy Birthday to you dear Senor!

Guests mingling at the drink/food area.

Senor with his daughter, Jasmine.

Ahh, he's helping himself to a Margarita!

Karlis helping chopping the tomatoes, onions and lettuce! I am grateful to his help in the kitchen. Thank you, Karlis.

More boys in the kitchen! Joshua and Tom chopping the fresh pineapple. Again, thanks for helping out. I really appreciate the help.

Jasmine, Tom, Senor Isaac and Joshua smiling for me.

Senor with his nephew Maurice, Jr. who is wearing the t-shirt of his former Mexican restaurant he used to own back in the early 1980's up in Frederick, Maryland.

Senor and his old college friend, John Smith.

More guests mingling around. Do you spy Annabelle in her adorable Mexican outfit?

Senor with his girl, Jasmine.

Doesn't Jasmine look so L-O-V-E-L-Y??
I voted her the best dressed Senorita!

Senor Isaac with his Mama Lola.
She will be 90 years old next month!

What a delightful outfit!
Sophia

Senor Isaac was so delighted with his youngest niece, Sophia.

Annabelle.
(I could not believe that I did not take a picture of her alone in this adorable dress. Nor there is a picture of Jonah. I have to do better next time~shaking my goofy head~.)

Us.

Starting to put food on the table to eat. We had 2 kind of quesadillas, rice, beans, chicken and tomatoes stuffed poblano peppers, beef tamales, "taco bar" which consisted of shredded chicken, shredded pork, Mexican cojitas cheese, pineapple salsa, tomato salsa, lettuce, and orange/red/yellow peppers with onions.
And of course the appetizer of chips, guacamole, salsa and bean dip. And the pepper poppers.

And I made them all with the help of the boys and Jasmine chopping those veggies.

Alex and Karlis.

Guest mingling in the "great room".

The Abenchuchans.
Joshua, Jr, Joseph
Sophia, Jasmine, Haley

Posing for picture.

"The taco bar."
Oh the green sauce is tomatillo sauce. I absolutely adore it on my eggs!

A close-up of the good Mexican food.
The birthday cake is a Mexican cake with mango frosting with tequila in it. It sure was so yummy!

That's the pepper poppers!

Helping themselves to the food.

See what is left now??
Almost gone!

Husband and wife. Joseph and Haley. They are expecting their 2nd child. Their daughter is somewhere around playing with other kids.

Senor with his former ASL students.

Me getting prepare to surprise Senor with his birthday cake all 60 candles lit up!

Posing for the camera.

Carefully walking toward my Senor and not to let the fire all lit out. It didn't. WHEW!

See all those candles??

He looked surprised and thrilled!

Waiting for more guests to come and help sing him "Happy Birthday"

I'm saying yes, there is 60 candles there!

Getting ready to sing...

Singing...

Happy Birthday...

Senor blowing the candle....

Uh oh...
He didn't get it all on first try.
But he blew them out!

Happy for him!

All those melted candles.

Me, senor and Holly.

Holly like to take possession of our camera and take pictures of us.

OOooh, we're kissing.....

Senor and me.

Alex and Senor.

Annabelle.

Tom and Jasmine playing with Jonah and Lily (That's Joseph and Haley's daughter.)

Guest mingling..

That's the last of the pictures.

Happy Birthday to you, my dear Senor.

~

1 comment:

  1. I have a picture of Annabelle alone in her Mexican outfit, I will have to get it to you! :)

    ReplyDelete