Monday, April 19, 2010

Pink Poodle birthday cake!

A couple of weeks ago, I was at Midas to pick up our van and discovered I had to wait a bit so I browsed through their gazillion of magazines. I was looking at Family fun magazine and saw the pink poodle cake and immediately I thought of Annabelle and how she'd love it and quickly checked to see if there was instructions. There was and boy, I was delighted and tore the page out.

Then on the morning of the party, I baked the cake. I used red velvet cake mix and pour into two round cake pan. And I never got the chance to cut it and get it ready. I had millions of other things to do beside the cake and that pooor cake got side-tracked.

A lot of people was asking me what's with this unfinished cake? Isaac had already went and bought the cake because he was sure I'd never finished it.

But thanks to my dear cousin Mona and Kenny who helped out. Mona volunteered Kenny to cut the cake. She claimed that Kenny is good at "cutting". And Kenny was "what ho? me?" But he took the challenge and cut it up. I am totally sad I didn't even think to picture him in action. But I promise you, Kenny cut the cake!

Then Mona did the frosting and decoration!

My heroes! Thank you both, Mona and Kenny!
Mona smiling and look at the pink poodle becoming prettier and prettier!

Annabelle wanted to watch and was comparing the picture that she is holding to the actual cake! She approves and think ours are prettier! Yay!!

Mona added tiny marshmallows. This is the pink poodle cake all dressed up!

Annabelle blowing at the candle.

P.S. The leash is cinnamon red hard candies. The kids wanted to eat it while it was being cut up. So I pick at it and gave to each of the little kids who wanted it. Immediately, they spat it out and said "hot HOT don't like it." That was hilarious. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment