Monday, April 5, 2010

Rhubarb pie! Yum!

I went grocery shopping at Publix by myself which is not often I get to. I do crave and cherish those alone time I get. So I was taking my sweet time going through every aisles and booths. Because of that, I saw the Rhubarbs!! Rhubarbs! Oooh the rhubarbs! If I had rushed through and dashed out, I'd have never saw them or even know they were there.

It was at an odd place and now that I know it's there, I've been keeping my eyes out for the rhubarbs. But it's not often I go to Publix. Sigh!

I saw the Rhubarbs and I had to have it regardless of the price. So I bought 2 packages that I figured would be enough to make a pie. The rhubarbs cost altogether to about $11 something. And I'm thinking $11 plus something for the ingredients and my time. A $11 something pie! An expensive pie!! Heck, It's worth it cuz I don't have a rhubarb garden and I don't eat them often enough.
I think I average 2 or 3 slices a year on rhubarb pie. :0(

My sister has a rhubarb garden! --evil grin-- And I'm visiting her next month and I know I'll raid her freezer and garden for it. Just kidding, sis!
I was happily chopping and mixing them with cinnamon and sugar. Then I thought, so I'm acting out what I thought, taking pictures of my beloved rhubarbs. This is one of 2 packages.
The rhubarbs looks so lovely and smell so heavenly. Ahhh!
Chopped rhubarbs in mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
My halfway done pie.
Oooh, almost finished!
It's in the hot oven. I have to wait 45 more minutes before they're done baked.
MMMMmmm!
My Rhubarb pie!

My favorite pie!
Yum Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment