Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jonah and FSDB

You know, yesterday I put in a post about how happy I was that it was a success for both Annabelle and Jonah to go to school.

Guess what happened last night?

I have this tradition with our kids to pick clothes for next day for any events we are going to. So when it is a school, a church or a family fun, they have to pick their clothes out before they go to bed. And to ensure that they know what is happening so they'd have something to look forward to.

Annabelle gladly chose something to wear and as always, it's a dress.

Jonah?
He refused to pick something. I was surprised and told him I thought you liked school. He just shrugged and said he didn't want to go.

Not to go? Golly gee.

I told him he has to choose anyway or I'll choose.

I chose the clothes for him.

This morning when I woke them up for school. Jonah and Annabelle got up to go to use the potty and I usually am there with clean underwear and clothes for them to wear.

Jonah refused! And gave me a hard time. I was unprepared to have a battle with him over going to school. So I woke my senor up and ask what he think I should do, force him or what?

I realize that my senor was kind of expecting this and told me to let him stay home. So I returned to Jonah and he looked like he was at war and ready for more fight until I showed him that he'd be still in his pajamas. He caved in fast and got dressed as fast as he could fearing I'd change my mind and make him put on his clothes.

I shooed him to go to his papa. He took his sweet time going over to his papa. I later realize, he knew he'd face some talking time with his papa and he was putting it off.

~

When I got home from dropping Annabelle off at the bus stop, Jonah was there to greet me and right away he wanted to watch movie. I, of course, told him, no way, no school, no movie. Then he asked for milk please. 

When I talked to his papa to find out what was said between them. He said Jonah stayed far away on my side of the bed avoiding him. He smiled and left Jonah alone. He said Jonah was restless. He said he just let him alone until he was ready to get up and that was about an hour later and pretended he did not even notice Jonah until Jonah asked him to put in a movie for him. That was when his papa exclaimed, You still here? why not in school?

They had a talk and he agreed to try to go to school.

~

FSDB called to enquire about Jonah's absence. Jonah happily talked to Gail who was the one on VP. He asked her about Annabelle. Gail explained that Annabelle is in Kindergarten and not here at Pre-K. She patiently explained to Jonah that she is 5 years old and belongs to Kindergarten. And that they missed him and hope he is okay. Will he come in tomorrow?

It was touching to watch Jonah conversing with Gail. 

He told her he will be there tomorrow!

~

He again would not pick clothes for school. I picked the same outfit that was not worn today for tomorrow.

~

Now I wonder about tomorrow morning. Will he go to school?

I pray that he will go.
We will have to be patience with him and his transition to go school.

1 comment: