Monday, August 8, 2011

Salt Springs, Florida

We went to Salt Springs on Sunday with the Pletenets family. It was H O T outside but being at the park. It was perfect. They had towering oak trees with moss dripping over the picnic area near the water where we all swam.

The water was C O L D. It took us a while to get used to it. We have been so spoiled by our own pool being in the 90's to their 70's. I took great delight in throwing our kids in the water. They'd shriek and hurry back out of the water and here I am there to catch them only to throw them back in the water. LOL!

I didn't even take pictures of the water itself. Sigh! But I took pictures of all of us at the table and the kids who were thrilled to find all those big feathers. Those feathers belonged to the vultures that were hanging by.

I teased the kids not to go off by themselves or they'll get eaten by them. Didn't work but they were cautious.

From what I understand, there are 33 springs in Florida. We decided we will try to go and visit all of them. So this is the first one we have gone together.







Love love that silly picture of them!





We had a lovely day there!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment