Thursday, April 23, 2009

My sister, her recipes

   My sister has a list of recipes on her own blog, mountain mama. I haven't checked them all but I did tried her Chinese recipes, egg rolls and beef stir fry. Hoo Boy, it was a huge success and its not so bad making them like I had thought it'd be. They sure were YUMMY! And they had smelled so good that my stomach rumbled. It's that good!
  The first time I made the egg rolls, my step son was supposed to help me but for some reasons we got side tracked and I went ahead and made them without him. I had dropped the thong holding the egg roll down in the hot oil and splash went the HOT oil on my face. OUCH! Ouchy ouch! I zooom to the bathroom and splash cold water on my face and thank goodness I was wearing my glasses. And I had heck of a time washing the oil off my glasses. There was no blisters on my face and whew! My face dried up and I put aloe gel on my face constantly otherwise I feel my face shrinking smaller and smaller. I don't want my face to be like a dried walnut. Silly metaphor! But that's how I felt and put on aloe gel so often that my wee girl notice and wanted the aloe gel on her face too. 
  She said ooh that hurt and point to the red spots on my face. I wasn't a pretty sight! Then eventually it peeled off like sunburn and now I'm back to normal. WHEWWWW!
  I still had some cabbages left and other stuffs for making another egg rolls batch. This time my step son was around and he was totally all for it and did the whole thing by himself and with a little guidance from me. He did really good and I think he enjoyed the whole process, cutting, measuring, rolling, dipping and of course, the best part, eating it. :0)
  I'd encourage you all to try it out. My sister, has a recipe listed with pictures with step by step so it made it easy to follow. And I did wonder where to find the egg rolls wrappers and what the package would look like. She had the details and pictures which made my "shopping" so easy and felt confident enough to try and make it.
  Thank you sis for the wonderful recipes and making it so easy for me to follow. Do go ahead and try making it. I know I will be making it again and again and again. Yes, again and again. :0)

1 comment:

  1. Ouch ouch ouch! Poor you with the hot oil! Evelyn got the hot oil on her once and she learned her lesson to stay away from it now. I'm relieved it didn't blister or leave a scar on your face. So glad you liked the recipe.. It's great! I made stir-fry last week! yum!

    Did you ever go to that Global Food store in Manassas? It's great! Been going there lately when we are in the area and they have a wow selection of fresh fruits and veggies! Cheap prices, too. The girls like to watch the fishes swim in the tanks and wrinkle their noses at the fishy smell. lol! They have both asian and spanish foods and we picked up some chorizo there. I made some and it wasn't what I expected and I think I understand what I was supposed to do and will try again. So hope you share your recipe for me! pretty please! :o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete