Monday, April 20, 2009

My wee children

  When I look at my wee children, a girl and a boy, I am truly amazed they came from within me. Now they're growing and growing. Communicating more and more. Less and less a baby in them. Boo hoo.. How I miss those moments where I just can cuddle them and no words need be said. Now it's more like running to catch them, and they're shriek loudly in happiness and joy. Their wants are simple and it can be demanding. Sigh.. Anyway, I'm still so blessed having them.
  My daughter has just turned 3 and I'm so glad, grateful, blessed that she is now a beautiful, feisty wee girl. She came to us 9 weeks early with no complications but just oh so tiny baby that you would be afraid to crush her in your hands. She weighted just under 3 lbs. We were in awe of her, afraid for her, hoping for her, praying for her and boy, look at her now. Unbelievable! Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You. It can never be enough!
  My son is now 19 months old and wow, I never thought I'd have a boy, truly. When I look at him, I'm amazed, I'm beyond myself. He's a boy through and through. All the toys I had for my wee girl, he chose balls. He's a ball boy! He loves all kinds of balls. Basketball, football, kickball, tennis ball, rubber ball, and more balls. He'd shriek any kind of ball if he happen to see one. Oh my, my.
  Sometime I think my wee boy was born to torment his sister. Right from the start, he has this star in his eyes when he look at his sister. He adores her and she to him. My wee girl bully him every now and then but she always include him in her activities so I think they're "both even out". LOL They're buddy buddy all the way. I cannot imagine them apart. He want to do everything she is doing. Imitating her, copying her, following her and such. Now she's potty training and he want to do the same. Hoo boy. I'm delighted but boy he want to do it now while she's sitting down. It's hard to persuade him to wait his turn. At night, they both want to be together either in her bed or in his crib. Most often in our big bed!
  All in all, I'm truly truly blessed having them, good or bad.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if my boy will be like that? crazy for balls of any kind? Isn't it amazing how much love we feel for our children? I love them so much it feels like my heart will burst.

    Happy Belated Birthday to wee girl.. sorry it's late, I was thinking of you all...

    love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a suggestion: Write a post about how to cook that chorizo and eggs.. Andrew's friend Jim made some and I want to try it, too!

    ReplyDelete