Monday, July 19, 2010

An Amy Butler fabric quilt

With my dear senor away to the "World Deaf Expo" in Las Vegas, I finally, no, PAH, have the time to do some quilting. Yes, some serious quilting. Not dreaming, hoping, reading about quilting. I am doing the ironing, cutting, and sewing. WOWOW! I am in pure heaven.

I went to a quilt show up in Pennsylvania years ago. Yes, years and years ago. I saw the display of quilt and I fell in love with the colouring and the simplicity of it. So I bought the pattern and the fabrics. I discovered the fabrics were an Amy Butler design. Temple Flowers for free spirit by Amy Butler.

I had intended that quilt for Uncle Olin. But now, I'm keeping it for the vintage double bed that our kids are sleeping in now. Because I've only made one quilt, 1 mini quilt and 1 quilt top. (That one is supposed to be for Evelyn but now I am thinking it's prolly better for Peter?) [I'll have to talk to my sis about that.]

Anyway. I want to show you what I've been doing to show proof I am actually doing it, not dreaming. LOL!

~

On our dining table are the fabrics scattered about. Cut and sew. And of course, my dear ol' faithful Oreo. She is always nearby. Always trying to snuggle up on my lap but no my dear, I have to get up and down and to.

more fabrics

The finished 9 1/2 inches squares on top of the "rail". And of course, my Coke is not far away from me. I should be drinking Zero but I wanted some sugar so I can continue stitch the night away but of course I didn't stitch all night. heh

The ironing table with some finished 9 1/2 squares and other about to be sew up.

Aren't the fabrics pretty.

Those are waiting to be cut up some more.

I'm trying to decide which 3 of those fabrics should be binding or outer border.
Now the stripes and the green flowered one will be for outer border. The middle one had been cut up already.

I decided that the left one will be for binding and I already cut it up to 2 1/2/ inches strips. The right two had been cut. I discovered I needed them all for the double bed.

Sew, sew, sew, sew, sew and all those are my finished 9 1 /2 squares.

To date, I have sewn up 55 squares. Pattern says I need 54 for a twin size and 90 for a queen size. It does not mention a double size one. So I figured it'll be somewhere between 54 and 90. So what I am doing now is using up all the cut up and go from there and see what happens.

I am soo happy to be using up those fabrics. I am soo happy I am using my brand new sewing machine I got from my dear senor for christmas couple of years ago. I am soo happy I am sewing.....

~

No comments:

Post a Comment