Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Red, white & blue picnic quilt

Today, I was surfing the web and I saw this blog and it had a quilt that was in the color of red, white and blue and an patriotic theme. I immediately thought of my collection of patriotic fabrics. I was soo excited to find a pattern for it and to use it up. I just practically ran to the closet in laundry room and pulled out alll of my fabrics that is patriotic.
~
I pictured the blog of that quilt from 'OhFransson.com' blog. Do you see how it captured me.

I already cut up and sew it up together and then I saw it didn't really go together well. Kind of dull and country. Not like the quilt on the blog. Then I look around my stash on the table.

Jonah is ever helpful and playing around. Shoo shoo. Of course, he stayed and laughed knowing I am teasing him.

Annabelle want to be pictured too and zoom behind my sewing machine. LOL

See my hoard of patriotic fabrics?

The entire table there. All covered up! Even the chair! The blue fabric on the chair will be the innie and outer border in each block. Will it go together with Sandy's fabrics? I will find out tomorrow after I cut up those 5 inch stack and see how they goes.

I was shocked and sadden to discovered that my collection of patriotic fabrics just don't go together. Because of the colouring. Some are dull, some are vibrant, some are just. Some are really patriotic.

So I'm thinking and to have a little fabrics here and there don't really work unless you really want a scrappy one. I didn't want a scrappy one. I wanted a vibrant, pretty red, white and blue patriotic quilt. One I'd take to picnic and be proud to display support to our country, America!

So it pays to have a matching from same designer.

So see this three fabrics. It goes together and is wonderful so, I'll be using those three.

I also discovered I had bought a 5 inch red, white & bold fabric stack by Sandy Gervais (36 different fabric that is part of that set). I was so happy to have it and I had already sewn them up. Annabelle helping me holding up.

See the 5 inch fabrics and the paper that was on top of the stack.

A better view of the fabrics and all.

So now I am wondering about the fate of the other patriotic fabrics. Maybe, I'll just make a really scrappy one? But for now I just want to make the matching pretty red, white & bold blue picnic quilt.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment