Yesterday, I was driving toward Target with kids and waiting at the traffic light. I spied a turtle crossing over at the busy intersection. My heart froze and I just parked and got out of the van and zoooom to get the turtle and I looked around thinking where should I put him and didn't see how I could leave him right there so I just took him to the van.
The kids were curious and puzzled by my behavior and watching over me and immediately said "Turtle" as I opened the van door to put him there. I got in the van and the light had turned green. I glanced at the car beside me and she gave me a thumb-up sign. I grinned and looked back in the van at the turtle. The turtle was still in 'hiding' position. I felt bad for him.
I turned into Target parking lot and spied the pond behind it and immediately went behind the shopping center to the pond and there will where I will put the turtle.
~
Turtle in 'hiding'.
He's been hurt. Aww.
Trying to see his face.
An extra close close-up of him. You can see where he hurts.
But it is not serious. He'll live.
Another one.
See the pond where I'm going to set him there.
I set him down.
I realize he would not be able to get through the fence and I was afraid he will turn around back toward the street. Oh no, no no. I can't do that. So I pick him up again and between the fence and set him down.
Still in hiding. You're safe now. Come on out?
~
No comments:
Post a Comment