At FSDB, where our kids go to their Early Learning Program daily 5 days a week full day including nap time. They suggested getting a crib sheet to cover the nap map and a blanket for the kids. Crib sheets? Golly gee, I've gotten rid of the crib and their sheets. Blankets? No problem.
A quick stop at several thrift stores before finally finding 2 crib sheets for our kids. One was pink checkered and the other one was all white. I felt that they were boring then I thought of embroidering them with their name on it. I just jumped right to it.
At first I had looked through my alphabet patterns. I wasn't satisfied. Then I asked Joshua if he had stencil lettering. He did but I didn't like them. Then I kept thinking of how I was always doodling my name all these years then decided to do their that way and Ha! That's it!
I did Annabelle first because her name was longer and I felt like doing a pink. I like pink!
Annabelle's crib sheet already in her backpack.
That's Annabelle and her embroidered sheet done by her mama, me.
I started on Jonah and I decided to add wagon, bike, ball and the wording to his name since his was a blank "slate" sheet.
And oh, when Jonah saw me packing Annabelle's sheet in her backpack, he told me "I must make him one." I laughed and said, "yes, you are next." then he ran to tell Annabelle, he is getting one too.
A work in progress and almost done.
*******
And to Annabelle's bus woes. The behavior specialist gave me permission to get on the bus to buckle her in. Duh? Like that's going to help?
We have decided that we will be driving them to school in the morning and then in the afternoon, they will struggle with putting her on the bus home.
They haven't been back to school since last week. First because we were not sure what to do and they were not used to this schedules and can see that they were exhausted. So we let them stay home. Jonah was upset the following day wanting to go to school! Annabelle wanted to go but deplored, not the bus, not the bus. gee.
Then Annabelle got really sick on Sunday and we knew they weren't going to school on Monday. Today, they could have gone but due to lack of transportation (their papa teaches on Tuesdays and Thursday). Tomorrow they will be going to school.
They will be happy to be back at school.
No comments:
Post a Comment