Earlier today after picking up Annabelle and Jonah from their bus stop and then driving over to pick up their papa at work. Then we all headed over to eat at Moe's. One of our few favs place to eat.
They love their chips and salsa. The kids loves loves their lemonade and was scrabbling on who was drinking too much and asking me to refill that one cup for them. Their papa refilled one last time before heading back to our van and home. Jonah wanted control of it but Annabelle would not allow that so I had to pull it away from Jonah and give it to Annabelle thus sparking a protest from Jonah. I'd have to shush Jonah and tell him to wait his turn and he would panic that Annabelle will drink it all up. Sigh, I take it away from Annabelle and give it back to Jonah. Another round on back n forth. Til we got to the van. Annabelle already was sitting so I gave it to her. Jonah protest over it and I tell him that he has to sit and buckled in before he'd get the drink back.
I can see Annabelle hurry slurping up the lemonade. I had to hide my smile and their silly scrabble over lemonade. Once Jonah was buckled in he immediately handed out his hand to Annabelle and signed "gimme." Annabelle smirked and kept right on drinking. I had to take it out of her and give it to him.
I got in the drivers' seat and drove home. Their papa told me one of the kids are crying. I looked back and Jonah was wailing that Annabelle drank it all up and wanted me to fill it up. I told him no more and that I'm sorry. And told Annabelle to give him back the cup. But Annabelle said it is empty. I told her to give it to him anyway so she did but somehow it ended up on the floor.
I stopped at the gas station to get more gas and while the gas was pumping, I walked around the van and pick up the fallen drink and gave it to him. Jonah said we have lemonade at home and that he'd want some. I told him, there's no lemonade at home. He said there is. I just shrugged and said sorry.
When we got home, Jonah promptly brought in the cup and I stopped him and told him to throw it away at the trash outside. He said no, we have lemonade at home and he ran in before I could take it out of his hand.
When I got in, Jonah had opened the freezer and picked out the frozen lemonade. I had forgotten that we had some and I hadn't made lemonade in a while. And I was surprised he remembered we had some!
Jonah's smile was big and has that expression, "I told you so".
So I made that lemonade and he happily drank some more lemonade!
No comments:
Post a Comment