Just tonight at our kids' bedtime. I was tucking them in bed and saying our prayer. Then either Jonah or Annabelle will pipe up and say their own prayers. I always smile when they want to pray. Tonight was a bit unusual, funny and endearing. I just had to share this. Mostly it's about Jasmine.
I haven't posted a blog about Jasmine who is in Australia on her 2nd missionary trip. This time as a staff. She is doing good and you can check her out at facebook or her blog, Jasmine-jewel.blogspot.com. I also haven't shared the awesome pictures of saying farewell at the airport. I promise I'll do that one this week. But first let me share Annabelle's prayer/talk/tease that she said tonight at bedtime.
Annabelle was talking about airplane, Australia, flying. I was amazed she signed Australia and paid a bit more attention to her. She was saying that Jasmine is far far far away. Plane ride longgggg. Jasmine's boyfriend will fly soon. (We had seen Aaron yesterday with Joshua and had mentioned that to her). Then she said Jasmine's boyfriend cute. I will steal him, giggling. Me tease Jasmine. I laughed and said Jasmine's boyfriend too old for you. She laughed. And I said, not nice to steal. She again laughed. She said she love, love, love Jasmine.
I was just surprised and thinking this is so funny. And Annabelle talked like that??? She kept saying boyfriend. I kept saying Aaron. I realized we need to come up a name sign for Aaron. She understood Aaron but she hasn't caught on spelling his name. (Hey Jasmine, have a sign name idea for Aaron?)
This is endearing to know Annabelle does think of Jasmine and knows she is far away and looks forward seeing her on computer (meaning skype) and asks when will she be on?
We're thinking of you, Jasmine. We miss you and love you very very much.
~
This makes me cry every time I read it, I love you all very much and I miss you dearly. Thank you for sharing this story, it means so much to me. xoxo
ReplyDelete