Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Silver--another live catch

Silver, our cat that we adopted together when he was a kitten from my sister's home in West Virginia. He had made another live catch.

This time...



  A mole!

I am so so so glad I caught this mole before it went into hiding in our unfinished bathtub. I took it outside  right away afraid it'd escaped. At the time I thought it was another mouse! But then I realize it was bigger than a mouse. Huh? All that I was thinking, what is the heck am I holding in my hand with t-shirt wrapped up creature?

I hurried outside straight to the empty trash can and dump it there afraid it'd bite me or worse. When I saw what it was. Ooh the poor poor blind mole!! But I marvel at how healthy it was. The smooth silky fur. Long tail. It look like a squirrel but it wasn't sitting on its haunches. All that thoughts whirling in my head. I rarely have a chance to "interact" with a mole and I was feasting my mind with the real live thing.  It wasn't hurt.

So Silver must have just caught it and brought it in and I caught him! WHEWWWWW!

Jonah was home that day and was not far behind and soon joined me looking at the rat. He called it a rat. I didn't correct him because it could pass for one except that thing is blind.
The mole at bottom of trash can

Jonah next to that green trash can with the mole at the bottom.


I left it in the trash can and went in the house after taking pictures knowing it'll be safe there until my senor and Annabelle arrive home.

When they arrived home, I right away took them to the trash can and much to my surprise. It's gone!!!

GONE?

Thankfully I had the picture to show them.

~



2 comments:

  1. That's not a mole, that's a BABY squirrel!! Boy, that Silver sure is a good hunter!! Hope mama squirrel rescued her baby

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha. Now that you say it is a B A B Y squirrel! You're right!! What a dope I am.. But it sure was a BIG baby! LOL....

    ReplyDelete