Heya Jasmine,
Your papa forwarded me your email and I read it. No I'm not even mad at Logan or anything like that. I was shaken up by the whole thing. I never expected that from Logan. Sure, I've seen him chase the cats time to time and I thought it was cute. And well, he is a dog. What to expect?
Logan and Suzy are buddy buddy. Logan is not afraid of Suzy. I've seen them play chase and it is really endearing when they do that. Logan chasing Suzy or vice versa. If Suzy chase Kola, Kola right away lay down on her back and submit. Not your Logan! He's a MAN! Giggling.
Logan is a good dog but he doesn't seem to warm up to us. The first few weeks, he'd sit on the sofa with us. I always jump at the chance to pet him and comb him. I reckon he have had a enough of that "coddling" and just up and ignored us. It is hard to remove burrs from his paws or his face. He'd snap at us. Sigh! He's a sore sight with all those burrs on his face whenever he had a chance to run out the gate.
He's okay in the shower bathing. I have to hide the scissor and I try to snip off here and there. He's not dumb! He knows! Sometime he'd sigh and let me other time, he simply do not want to deal with this. Snap, Snap at me. Just let me GO!
Annabelle know Logan's name and that he belongs to you! She'd say that's jasmine's Logan!
The day Logan and Suzy had a fit with the cats was an awful day, an emotional one for me and the kids cuz we all saw the whole thing. Really, Annabelle was telling me that the cats were hurt. I was in the hall bathroom cleaning the toilet (yes the toilet, ugh). I was puzzled, cat hurt?? Then I saw Oreo coming toward to kids room and I knew Suzy was there and I just zooom to our bedroom.
First thing I saw was Charmine lying down on the floor with blood everywhere and I thought she was dead. Then I looked to my right, (the shower is gone so it was a big open room) I saw Logan and Suzy attacking Silver at toilet area. I screamed. Suzy backed off fast. Logan kept at it. I screamed some more and failed to get Logan's attention so I pulled Logan off Silver. Silver was able to go around back of toilet. Logan escaped and went back to attacking Silver. I had to grab him firmly at his back neck area. He was barking and barking. I saw Annabelle and Jonah sitting on our bed watching the whole scenery. I dragged Logan to the front door and yelling to get out. Suzy was in the dining room and I told her out. Logan tried to zoom back in the house but I prevented that and slam the front door. Then I zoooooooom to close the doggie door and I closed the laundry door for a good measure.
I was crying hysterically and shaken soo badly and I already was thinking, what if Suzy didn't obeyed?? there was a 2 x 4 lying on the floor. I had to restrain my thinking and to thank our Lord that I didn't have to use it and golly with the kids watching??? Thank you, lord, thank you! Im soo glad Suzy obeyed.
Annabelle right away asked me if charmine was dead. I didnt know if she was or not and my heart was broken when I saw charmine lying down with tongue out. Then I realize she was still alive but barely. She failed to escape to go around behind the bed where she usually go for refugee. She was soo close. I don't know how long I sat with charmine then annabelle asked me again.
Your papa was at work teaching ASL. I paged him right away and my hands shooked and had to use the delete button before i was able to spell the words correctly otherwise it's all gibberish and he'd think im outta my mind.
So about 30 hours later, Charmine passed away. As I had thought she would. She was old, getting thinner and thinner and I knew her time was near. But I never thought she'd go that way. What an awful way to go. She didn't deserved that. She never harmed or sneered at the dogs.. she was a peaceful cat. That's what made me feel soo badddd, soo badd she didn't deserved that. We buried her outside the fence area near where Josh and Justin's cars are.
I don't know who attacked Charmine. Logan or Suzy. For me, it's both of them.
Silver, jumped on the sink and stayed there all afternoon panting and panting. I checked him out, he was fine, just shooked up and exhausted cuz his tongue was out most of the afternoon. He let me pick him up and pet him and checked him out so I knew he was okay. He's young and he had some experience fighting them off. And I was relieved.
Oreo, she seem to know Logan and Suzy are forbidden inside and she s around everywhere in the house. No longer confined to our bedroom area. Sit on Mama Lola, and she's delighted. Im glad for Mama Lola.
Annabelle now keep on saying Logan's bad dog, bite cat, stay outside.
We were watching Lady and the Tramp disney movie. There was a scottie dog there and Annabelle identify that dog as Logan and said bad dog. I laughed and said no. Thats a different dog but yes same as Logan but not bad. She still say he s bad. I was surprised she was able to see that Logan the same kind of dog. But she doesnt understand that there are many same kind of dog but different like twin... but she's still young and will grasp understanding of it.
Mama Lola had forgotten that the black dogs were banished and tried to let them in. I had to run and get your papa to stop her cuz she'd not listen to me and kept saying im being bossy and that this is her home too. She succeeded letting them in and your papa dealt with her. I was shaken up by this and collapse in tears. It was only the following day and trauma was still there. Annabelle was telling Mama Lola, you bad let dogs in. She knows they re not allowed in.
It was probably a good thing it happened cuz we do leave mama Lola home alone for a few hours. Suppose she let them in while we were gone?? So we came up with solution that everytime we go out, we locked the door and cats in so she doesnt have access to open those 2 doors and let cats out and dogs in.. Yikes! I felt better after that.
Logan know that blanket you left for him belong to him. I've washed it countless of time. And I see him looking around for that blanket time to time and Id tell him, its in the washer or in the dryer or hey, let me go get it for him. I fold in in half then tri fold it and leave it in the laundry room for him. He does go there to sleep or rest or hope to be let in the house. He seem to understand, he cant go in. When, we re all alone in that room, he'd let me pet him and coddle. Not for very long. heh.
Annabelle is more communicative and wow.. Jonah s now more of copying and repeating what we say trying to decipher what it means. I'm amazed at them. I am blessed having them and your papa.
Logan is always outside barking and defending the fence perimeter. I've seen him in the backyard barking barking at something and running to and fro. He walk slowly but when he hear something, he's quick and gone. Amazing! he's fun to watch.
Golly gee its 1 am now and I've been blabbling... I just wanted to put your mind at ease about Logan! Just know, as long as you have Logan, don't have a cat. Not worth the emotion and all.
Good night, Jasmine. It's probably morning for you now? Good day to you.
lotsa love always
Teena
Oh Teena! I'm SO SO SO sorry to hear about Charmine. What a hard day for you and so emotional... Thinking of you all and love you so much xoxoxoxox
ReplyDelete