Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bottles No More!

Yayyy! We're done with bottles!
I had them to collect all their bottles and throw them away themselves.

Here they are with their bottle.

They had their own style of throwing it away. It was endearing to see them doing that.

All the bottles we found so far are there.

Jonah found another one and threw it.

Laughing at the fun of throwing it away.

Unfortunately, after a few days of struggling with Jonah, he wasn't really ready to drink from cup directly here and now. No more bringing it to the sofa and drink to fall asleep. Those few days, he would not drink. He was stubborn as a mule. Really worse than a mule. I couldn't believe how stubborn he can be and how tenacious he is. I keep telling myself it's payback time for me for being so stubborn growing up myself.

Finally, I gave up and dug it out of the trash and boy, he was overjoyed when he saw his beloved bottle and held it around with him for hours at time. It seem like he was afraid I'd hide the bottle from him. I had to smile at his behavior and try to take it away from him to refill or to wash it. He was all eyes on that bottle the entire time. Now he's okay and confident I'd not throw it away.

A few more weeks? or months? Sigh... He's still only 2, I had to keep telling myself!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute. I don't mind the sippy cups.. I'm looking forward to no more diapers!! Going to move Peter to cups with the straw soon.

    ReplyDelete