Yesterday was their 2nd day of school and they were to have a pumpkin field trip. We got up early again. Their clothes already chosen the night before. They ate little of their oatmeal and got into the van. We got to the bus stop. As soon as the bus arrive, Annabelle was wailing. Jonah didn't have problem getting on the bus but Annabelle did but I got her in. But she would not cooperate. Then the bus attendant said they shouldn't ride the bus and that they're sorry. Jonah had joined Annabelle crying.
I was dumbfounded by all of this. They rode the bus home. I asked them, what's the matter. Of course, I couldn't get to why they were upset.
I drove back home with them to talk to their papa. Wondering if I should drive them to FSDB or not. I knew I didn't want them to miss school because of the field trip.
So I drove them the 45 minutes to FSDB. They were happy to be in their classroom and seeing other kids.
Then I discovered from the teachers that they had hard time putting Annabelle on the bus. Jonah was fine. Then I understood why I felt it was important for them to go on the field trip cuz they would be riding on the bus. I was glad that I drove them down and they'd get more exposure/experiences to riding on the bus.
From what I read in the note from the teacher that they had no problem on the bus with them to the field trip.
My senor was to go and get them at the bus stop yesterday so I can cook dinner and have it ready for them when they arrive home.
Their papa's face was kind of grim and concerned. He told me that the bus attendant says Annabelle has a problem with riding the bus. And gave him a business card.
Then he checked the VP messages, it was from the bus saying that the mother can get in the bus to help buckle them in. Then he told me to call them back today and he looked at the card and realized it wasn't the bus number. It was a business card for behavior program specialist.
We were dumbfound by it all. Our little girl has bus woes.
Then at bedtime last night, Annabelle and I had a talk. She couldn't explain why she didn't like the bus. They were soon fast asleep.
Their papa and I had a talk and we decided that they will stay home today. I will call the behavior specialist and find out what's what.
It's hard to believe that our 4 years old girl has a bus woes. I kept thinking how so many kids have gone through the bus rituals, even ourselves, our parents went through. I keep wondering how many of those has what my girl has. I know she'll overcome it but we just got to be patience and give her time to get used to the fact that she'd have to ride the bus to school and back. There's no escaping it.
No comments:
Post a Comment