We were late getting on the road to FSDB for our kids' intake testing when I spied the piles of fabrics on the side of the road waiting for garbage truck to pick it up. I was soo upset cuz we were already late and I wanted to look through those fabrics.. ALLL those fabrics????
My dear sweet senor said, we're already late what's a few more minutes? I just backed up and hopped out of the van and just load them in without inspecting. I was shaking and a wreck when I got in the van. I was giddy with happiness and I also was upset cuz I didn't want to be late for the kids' appointment at FSDB.
Thankfully, they didn't even bat an eye when we arrived so it seem to be a common thing among many parents who come in for intake testing. Whew.
It was sitting in the van for a few days because we were busy with this and that. And finally on a Saturday morning, I unloaded them all.
These are all those bolts I saved from the garbage truck.
It seem few there but golly gee, they were plenty.
I was in heaven!
It was a rare and unexpected treat! And one I truly enjoyed looking through and all.
More 'trash'. It may be another man's trash but it's my treasure. I know there's a saying for that kind but I forget the exact quote. That sentiment fit this perfectly.
Uh oh. Empty bolt fights between those 3 kids. 2 little one against the big one. Seem like the little one automatically teamed up against their big brother Joshua.
And they're having fun!
See their faces? Pure happiness.
More fun!
Folding them up and separating them. They were mainly upholstery fabrics but lots of white fabrics for the backing which I can use in my quilt and embroidery.
The folded fabric stack.
All those empties that we asked our little one to take them out. They just threw it there.
LOL!
More empties!!
I've been blessed!
GREAT find!!! "One man's trash is another man's treasure"
ReplyDelete