Monday, August 10, 2009

Silver

Silver is our cat that we as a family adopt together from my sister last year this month in her home in West Virginia. Somebody left that kitten on their property and she already have several cats and really couldn't have another one asked us to please please adopt her.

My senor was relucant to adopt the kitten. I tried to tell him that this kitten clearly is good with kids.



And what's one more cat to our already 2 cats and 3 dogs.

When my senor went down to the basement of my sister's home to get our kids to go home. He saw that our kids and my sister's kids were playing with this kitten. He was convinced! He could not believe that but he is seeing it.

The kids have dressed him in one of their doll clothes. Coo coo, darling baby? Darling doll? Ooh a darling kitten!!

With no hestitation, my senor grabbed the kitten and told my sister, we're taking him home with us. My sister was happy to know and clearly relieved she would not have to take the kitten to the animal shelter.

Of course my sister's kids were not happy that we were taking the kitten home. You can see them being

very unhappy. I felt bad for them.

Silver quickly made himself at home during the car ride home with both our wee kids.

Silver is a fun kitten to play with. We had another week before we were to go home. We stayed at the condo in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee for the week. Silver was content while we were on the go. We'd come home looking for him. Usually, he's in the same spot or he has move to another spot.

As Silver grows, his mischief grew too. He's full of life.

Our german shepard, Suzi loves to

stalk all our cats but Silver is the bravest of all our cats. He'd fight back and Suzi would walk backward carefully away from him. Sometime Suzi will block Silver's path and just lay down daring Silver to come through. Often one of us will have to yell "Suzi!",

she will immediately get up and come toward whoever yelled "Suzi!" then Silver will grab this opportunity and zash thru the opening.



Some morning, we would see this rabbit in our back yard munching on our grass behind the pool area. We all are usually happy to see the rabbit and always are careful not to attract the dogs' attention to the rabbit.

That only morning, our wee boy was able to walk close to the rabbit. Suddenly Silver was out our sliding door running closely behind our boy. I was soo happy I had my camera handy.

Of course the rabbit zoom away before Silver ever got too close. You can see Silver looking beyond our fence for the rabbit and probably was yelling at the rabbit to stay away? He's a better guard cat than our dogs. LOL

Often we'd find frogs and lizards in our bedroom. Sometime they'd be still alive or dead. Silver playing with the lizard.



Yesterday while we all were eating breakfast and Silver was struggling with something in his mouth and Suzi was blocking him from entering our bedroom. Suddenly my senor pointed to Silver and said he has something in his mouth.

When I saw and I realized it was a blue jay and it was still alive in Silver's mouth struggling. I took picture of them first then took Silver outside. My senor and I had to fight with Silver to release that poor bluejay. Silver's jaw was fastened tightly! Finally Silver released the bird and the bird tried to fly away but only fluttered and hopped away. I got our kitchen towel and pick the poor bird and put it near our grapefuit tree.

Of course, the poor bird became the topic of our breakfast dinner conversation. I told my senor, my sister lost out a good hunting cat. My senor disagreed with me and said it's a good thing they didn't have Silver. I asked why? He replied, Silver would have hunted down all her chicken! My sister now have a menageries of chicken and roosters.

Oh my goodness! She'd have skinned Silver for that. I'm glad we have Silver here. Thank you, dear sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment