Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Snake in the house! Eeeek!

Every morning without fail, our kids will come to our bed to my side and slide in with me to snuggle and sleep a wee bit more. I always check their diapers (Annabelle wear trainer) and decide if they can wait or just gotta get it change. I groan and got up and told the kids, they gotta get their diapers changed and walked toward their room.

Out the corner of my eye I thought I saw something moved in the dining room. I turned and looked and 'Eeek! A snake!'

And that morning, Isaac was already gone to teach his ASL class. I wasn't sure what to do. I showed our kids the snake and said the snake is bad. It does not belong in the house. The kids had fun watching the snake slithering around.

The snake! (Pardon the dog hair and dust.)

Close up of the snake.

The best picture of the snake. See how its' eyes glow? Creepy!

I got rid of the snake by brooming it away toward the glass sliding door in the great room. The snake cooperate!

I was surprised how our dogs were not even concerned with this snake. I guess they know this snake is harmless. Thank goodness!!!

1 comment:

  1. smart girl, using a broom to sweep the snake out of the house!! When i found one if the basement, I used a pillowcase to pick it up and take it far far to the edge of our property. Yours looks cute compared to mine, but maybe that's because it's in YOUR house not mine! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete